Monday, April 28, 2014

Three Museums - one day 4-27-2014

Yesterday, I had a happy day.  We went to three museums.  First, we went to the Air and Space Museum.  At that museum, we got River a "Cat in the Hat Goes to Space" book.  My favorite thing was the space house because we got to see how astronauts lived.  Astronauts are regular people who go up into space.  The first animal to go up into space was a stray dog.  I also got to sit in a little plane, see a movie about space in the planetarium, and I saw that astronauts sleep standing up.

Second, we went to the American Indian Museum.  I got a whistle there that looks like wood but is made of deer antler.  There I saw a big statue of a totem pole, I saw how Indians used to live and (how they live today).   They live in regular houses like us, but not in a regular neighborhood they live on reservations.

There was a special room for kids with lots of fun things to do.  I rode a skate board, wove a basket by hand, and drew a ledger picture.  Each time I did something, I got to stamp it on my passport.

Lastly, we went to see the jewels at the Natural History museum.  They were beautiful.  I was annoyed that there was not more jewelry by the Hope Diamond.  My favorite things were the pretty tiara worn by Napoleons wife, Marie Antoinette's necklace and earrings, and a big pokey purple stone (Amethyst) that you got to touch.

To get home, I went on  a pedicab ride.  We saw the White House.  It was a special building but only looked as big as my head.  A pedicab is a bike that is attached to a place where people sit.

Then we took the Metro home.  The Metro is a train kinda like BART.






















No comments: