Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day at the Mall

Today we went to the Mall.  I enjoyed it a lot because I saw real American Indians.  They were trying to stop us from putting a big oil pipe in the ground.  They were singing, marching, and speaking.  There were seven tepees.  We went into the tepees.  They were pretty.

I also liked the clothes they were wearing.  I loved their headdresses.  I saw a girl about my age who had a long skirt on.

Then we went to the Natural History Museum.  It was crowded.  We saw a leopard jumping over us, a giant whale, and fossils of dinosaurs.

I particularly liked one of the fossils of Palosuars laticps.  It wasn't really a dinosaur even though it was in the dinosaur room because it was an amphibian.   It was long and had pointy teeth.  It looked half dinosaur, half amphibian, and half crocodile.  

When we left the museum it was warm and raining.  The Native Americans had built an eighth tepee in the middle of the circle of tepees.  It was rainbow colored.

Later in the evening we went on a walk to a playground.  The neighborhood was pretty.  There were pretty knockers on peoples doors, old looking buildings, and pretty dogwood trees.
Easter Dress to the Museum 

Exploring Tepees. 

Totem Pole

Daddy!!!!

Petrified Forest

Walk in to the park.

Playground time.


How about here.?

How we roll. 

I will eat you!

No, I will eat you. 

More soup please. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Magnolia, I love reading your travel journal. It is exciting that you got to see Native Americans, their teepees and their dress. It is interesting that they were demonstrating on the mall.
There is so much to see in Washington, DC and from reading your travel journal I can tell that you are busy having a wonderful time. I am looking forward to reading more as you do and see more things in Washington, DC.

Amma said...

Hi Magnolia! Hi River!
This is the second time I am writing this comment; not sure exactly how to do it. Hope it works!
I love your blog. I love reading about what you are doing and I love to SEE you in the photos. Thank you so much!
I am very happy you were able to see the Pandas. Last time I was in DC, the Zoo was closed for some reason. I did not know they were pokey! They look so soft and cuddly.
It is very interesting about the AmerIndians demonstrating in the Mall. I just saw a video about how such a Pipeline completely destroyed the land. Both land and water were polluted. And those particular Indians were suffering greatly from poverty and hunger, because they could no longer grow their food.
Did you know that you are a little, little bit Cherokee? From Great Grandma Helene's side. There is the face of a Cherokee on some nickels.
Please write MORE! I just love to read your Blog!
Lots of love and hugs,
Amma

Magnolia Helena said...

Hi Amma. I want to see the video you saw. Will you send it to me. I miss you. Please come visit soon.
love,
Magnolia

Magnolia Helena said...

Hi Grandma,
I miss you. I can't wait to see you when you pick us up.
Love you,
Bye

Amma said...

Hi Magnolia!
Thank you for your note! I just sent an email to your Mom with the information about the film I was watching.
Looking forward to your next blog post. What have you and River been doing the last couple of days? I am so curious to find out!
Much love to you and River,
Amma