I loved today. Today I went to two forests. First, I went to a forest on a hill. It had a little museum and a horse barn. At the museum, I got to feel a real fox skin. It was soft. I also saw real live turtles, real stuffed birds, and a frog skeleton. I did a puppet show for my family. The best puppet was a deer puppet.
Then we went to a barn and I saw some horses. It was really cool. I saw a girl riding a paint and wearing a pink shirt. A paint is a special kind of a horse that has different colors. That is why it is called a paint.
After that, we went to see my Dads old house. It was a brick house that looks like every single other house on the that block. We did not know who was living in it.
Next, we went to Roosevelt Island. It was very pretty there. We went to the end of the Island. We saw the water and I crossed a big tree that had fallen down over the water. On Roosevelt Island we went on a boardwalk and saw a frog on a rock. At the end of the walk we saw the Monument for Theodor Roosevelt. It was pretty cool. There was a story on it. It went like this, "Don't harm trees because trees are part of nature."
1 comment:
I love seeing all the photos of you and River in Washington, DC. I think it is cool that you got to see the house that your Dad lived in when he was growing up.
It is amazing how many wonderful nature experiences you have had - walking in forests, going to Roosevelt Island.
I am sure you have seen the Potomac River. Grandpa David and I used to get up at 5:30 am to take crew lessons on the Potomac. It was fun to see the sun rise while we were rowing.
I am glad you are having such a good time. I am looking forward to seeing you next Tuesday when I pick you up in San Francisco.
love,
Grandma Ellen
Post a Comment