Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Je suis un bebe parisien!




I am a very cultured baby now! I just spent three days in France - two days touring the Champagne country while staying in a 14th-century inn, and a day exploring Paris. Ah, Paree! I had a wonderful time with my parents and grandparents. They took me to the Musee D'Orsay to see the Impressionist art. My momma strapped me on her front facing out so I could see, and I spent all the time in the museum awake and looking at the pictures! I thought they were very pretty, with lots of bright colors.



I was also awake and looking out while we walked around central Paris. It was big. Even the snotty Parisians melted when they met me - they really did. My momma and daddy and grandma and grandpa told me it was a very special visit.



Also, my Grandma Ellen took me to a fancy French department store, the Galeries Lafayette, to get some baby outfits. I'm growing by the day, but it's okay - I have gorgeous outfits waiting for me now when I get bigger.



I have now added the following to the places I've had my diaper changed:
-In the back of a car overlooking an ancient rural French chateau
-In the basement of the Musee D'Orsay
-Just a few feet from the waters of the Seine River




Also, my grandma and grandpa bought me some new books - "Frida" and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." My momma and I have been having lots of fun reading them together.



We are about to travel back home to Berkeley. I like home, but I will be very sorry to leave grandma and grandpa and all the fun we've had together here. It's such an adventure being a baby!

2 comments:

Swami Divyabhavananda said...

Letter to the Editor:
Ah! So nice to see a new article about la petite bebe en Paris. We would be happy if there were more photos attached to each commentary so we could see her lovely outfits and the magnificant paintings! Thank you so much for the posting.

Sarah Lawsky said...

Ok, who realized the French was wrong? Mom? Is the issue that bebe is neuter, not feminine, even if the baby is a girl? Good lord, this entire family is a bunch of nerds. And I mean that in the best possible way.