Saturday, July 4, 2009

I give up

Three months no posts, I have to go to Loki's site to link to mind because I can't find it anymore.  This was supposed to be a sort of baby book but I am failing at that hideously.  What happened?  The Toddler Monster appeared.  She walks a bit like Frankenstein, screeches like a ghoul, and moves as fast as the Tasmanian Devil.  Write, note the time stamp on this, this is the only chance I have to write.  On top of that, there has been school, which is thankfully over, shows, and trips.  So the blog has sadly sunk to the bottom of the pile.  Nevertheless the firsts must be acknowledged.  

First said No - She first started saying it last week when we were
reading her a story called "How do you get to Grandma's house."  The
story reads, "How will I get to Grandma's house.  I like to ride on a
plane, will I ride on a plane to get to Grandma's house?"  It goes on
like this through various means of transportation and last Monday Matt
noticed that she made a funny noise after each question.  The next
night, when I read it to her, I was quiet certain that the noise was
her NO.  So I think we did well, she was the last of the children to
say no.  And for now, it is a really cute no.

First said Daddy - Last Wednesday July 1st Matt was getting ready to go to work.  Magnolia had woken up early and went to find him on her way to the potty.  She looked at him standing in the kitchen ready to go to work and said, "Da ddy".  I think some of the sticky spots on the floor are left over from the goo he melted into at that moment.  Or they could just be where she squished strawberries on the floor during a recent experiment of hers.  

First went to the Zoo-  We went to the zoo on Monday with Annalee, Tim, and Grandma.  She had a great time.  I think she liked the otters the best because they swam right in front of her and really looked at her.  But she also really liked the warthogs and giant fruit bats.  

First went to a Transgender Dinner Show - Sorry mom, you can blame Aunt Christine for this.  It was her birthday Wednesday July 1st, and she wanted Magnolia along.  Magnolia had a great time, she was fuddly expect for when the ladies were dancing then she kept doing the baby sign for more.  She also said another first word with the help of her dear Aunt, wine.  

First said Pee-Pee and meant it - I think it was Tuesday that this fabulously helpful word entered her vocabulary.  Words are coming so fast now it is hard to remember.  I said the word to her after a big pee-pee in her pot and was surprised when she repeated it afterwards.  Since then she has started to use a lot.  She even says pee-pee when mommy pee's, or when Daisy does her squat in the yard next door.  And yes she say's poo-poo too, but mostly just to refer the stinky stuff Daisy puts out.  Her poo's usually just get a "wow" from her.  

Some other favorite words and sounds from the last few weeks have been boom, a da (meaning a dog, or "I am pointing to that"), woof woof woof, apple, and ball.  Today she added down to her up, Daisy to her dog,  and zebra to her animal names. 

Her favorite hobbies right now are dancing with Kermit or Miss Piggy, singing Allee Galloo Gallee and other songs from her music class, running down the sidewalk going AAHHHHHHHHH, going up and down stairs, smelling flowers (thanks to Aunty Cynthia), playing her drums, studying the fascinating science of trucks and busses, and being read to.  Oh and I almost forgot, watching Sesame Street and the Muppetts.  God bless you Jim Henson wherever you are for giving us both true family entertainment (as in we are all entertained), and television that I don't have to feel to guilty sticking my child in front of while I try to make dinner.  

Her favorite foods right now are really nothing.  All the toddler monster families I know right now are fussing because the children are not eating very much.  I am trying not to fuss, while I douse popcorn with heaps of brewers yeast, cover her noodles in sesame seeweed topping, and serve up peanut butter ice cream, all in attempts to get some nutrition into her.  Fortunately, she likes brewers yeast which is high in protein and vitamins, and the super expensive sesame/seeweed topping,  She also will happily eat ice cream which has some calories and protein in it.  In fact, she likes ice cream so much that when, after she had first eaten all the delicious Tara's Peanut Butter treat, then eaten a bit of the bowl it came in (it's compostable  it should be okay?) and some of a napkin, I was forced to tell her it was "all done" she burst into the saddest baby tears you have ever seen as she came to realize that sad truth.

Her favorite books right now are Moo, Baa, Laa, Laa, Laa, (she says all the animal parts), Bee-Bo - the belly button book, and The Big Red Barn, where she tries to turn to the page where we sing her a song that goes, 
And they all lived together in the big red barn, 
the big red barn, 
the big red barn, 
and they all live together in the big red barn 
and played with the little girl."

I am sure their have been other first over the last three months but each one fades as soon as the next falls in place and I just come to think she has always done that because I can't imagine her not being able to run, not always pooping on the potty, not climbing on chairs, not sitting on the tray of her high chair, not pulling everything off the table.  

I am going to go to sleep now.  Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, and we are going to Great Grandma's house.  Dear editors please excuse all spelling and grammatical errors, moms don't have time for such luxuries as reading, even their own writing.  

2 comments:

tangledhangers })i({ said...

AAAWWWW... LUNA, I MISS YOU ALL SOOO MUCH !! ; *)

THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING... IT WAS GREAT TO READ & CATCH~UP A BIT ON LIL~MAGNOLIA !! ; *)

XOXOX

~~})i({~~

Sarah Lawsky said...

Thank you for the update. What a big girl! I can't wait to see her again--December seems WAY too far away. She's so grown up already...

love, Aunt Sarah