We spent the next day making Gingerbread men, printing Christmas cards, and making the house nice for Christmas. Momma was a little upset with dad because he took all of our Christmas lights and put them in the storage unit, and then lost the key. So no Christmas lights this year.
The next day was the big birthday party. Great Grandma Helene was assigned to do the centerpieces so off we went to buy flowers at the farmers market. But first we had to stop at the Dollar store for some bowls for the flowers. You should have seen my momma face when after waiting for about thirty minutes in the car, GGM returned with a box of tins of christmas candy, a stack of giant plastic bowls, and a bunch of other stuff. Momma thought she was nuts until GGM carefully explained her vision and then momma realized that it was no more nutty then any of the art ideas she comes up with. Just wait until I can come up with crazy art ideas too.
It was a great party. There was pretty music and lots of balloons for me to play with. There were even a few other children for me to kick balloons around with. I begged food from everyone and had a great time. Everyone said I was the life of the party.
Then the next day was another party. By this time momma and papa bear were getting a little more bear like. Like always there were last minute errands to be done and art projects to be finished. I'm begging to think I was born into a family of crazy artists. But as usual everything eventually fell into place and we had another lovely party. The food was great, the people played with me, and I had a great time.
The next night was Latka party and candle lighting at the Grandparents house with my Aunties Sarah and Amy and Cousin Henry. I liked the Latka's and sour cream and apple sauce. It was delicious.
Everyday Christmas was getting closer and I was having more fun. On Tuesday Papa Bears friends from College came for a visit and GGM, Mamma, and I went shopping at the Telegraph Street Fair. There was so much to see, I just looked and looked happily through the crowds.
Then on Christmas Eve Day, we had a open house at our house and people just kept coming all day long. Sophia came with her parents Kevin and Eve, Annalee came with her parents Tim and Sarah, and even Ezra came with his mom Amanda. I had fun playing with other babies all day long. Sophia and I really played for the first time. We went playing all around the house together even with all those parents around we were still able to wander off together and find mischief. There were so many people over that day, Auntie Susan, Ron and Spring, Uncle Jesse, and of course my Grandma Ellen and Grandpa David.
And finally there was Christmas Day. What a day, I got so many presents I was just toddling from one side of the living room to the other. I couldn't decide what to play with. I got new shoes, a wooden car, and my first doll from Tia Mari and Tio Rufus. I got books from my mama bear and books from Sophia. I got a stacking toy from my Grandma Ellen and Grandma David, and a Tie Die shirt from my GGMH. Oh is was fun. Then we went out to GGMB for another great feast and some visiting. I had a wonderful first Christmas. But I missed my Amma Starr.
1 comment:
Dear Mommy and Daddy,
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009. Soon I will be one year old. I bet it is the best year you ever had with me around. I love you both. Thank you for being the best Mommy and Daddy in the whole world. I am so glad I yours!
My love to Grandma Ellen and Grandpa David and Great Grandmas Bevy and Helene, and Tias Mari and Sarah and Tio Rufus,and all the gang at Taylor Steet, for making this the best year ever.
Just one thing, Momma, don't you think it is a little bit cold just now in January for me to be wearing my bathing outfit in my blog? What will people think?
I love you,
with hugs and kisses,
Magnolia
Post a Comment