I am having a wonderful time with my Noni Starr, who came all the way from India to see me.
We have been going to the farmers market, hiking, and generally having a great time together. She likes to feed me and was the first one to give me yummy yummy food. She gave me cooked apples one day when my momma went away and left me with only a yucky bottle of milk. I didn't like the bottle at all but I loved the apples. Since then she has been feeding me all sorts of things. I like avocado, peaches, strawberry's, and even carrot ginger soup. That is not to say breast milk is not delicious, but there are so many delicious flavors to enjoy. I know, I know, there is all that stuff about food allergies, but I come from a long line of foodies on both sides, and foodies can't afford to be allergic.
My grandmother Ellen was also visiting last week for my Dedication. I love her, we have lots of fun together.
She tought me how to roll over in yoga class last week. Since then, I have had a great time rolling around. It is so nice to always have to be on my back. Just you wait before you know it I will have crawling down as well.
I had a beautiful dedication on the Flower Dedication day at the Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church. There were so many members of my family there that we took up a whole row. Great Grandma Bevy, Grandma Ellen, Nonni Starr, Aunt Millie, Tia Susan, and Tia Maty were all there. I was blessed with holy water brought back from a sacred lake and a sacred river in the Himalayas. Then, I was given a rose without thorns to symbolize a childhood full of beauty and without things that hurt. I grabbed it with pride. I like roses and I like it when everyone is
looking at me.
Not everything has been happy though. My doggy Mojave passed away last Sunday. Momma and Daddy don't know what happened, he just fell asleep and didn't wake up. He died in the van with all of us, which is where he was happiest. He never even whimpered so we don't think he suffered. Now he is buried in the back yard at Great Grandma Bevy's.
No comments:
Post a Comment